Happy New Year 2018!!
I'm just back in Singapore! How have you been doing everyone?
I wish all of you had great time during your holiday.
Shall we renew the targets and goals that we wish to achieve this year 2018!
I will be more active to go on teaching you ladies and performing with you this year again!
Let's move forward together!! :)
So, the new lesson term of this year will be starting on this weekend, 14th January Sunday onwards. I really wish to strengthen more of the technique for all of my students this year. Without technique, your dance will never be completed. Let me continue to organize technique class for your improvement.
I have prepared very nice songs for you to learn the choreography too. Lets check this out!
■ Drum Solo "Verdadera Pasion” ■
My latest drum solo piece in 2018 is Artem Uzunov's "Verdadera Pasion”. I chosed drum solo for all of you to improve technical skills!!! A lot of isolation and pelvic movements are involved, of cause many many shimmys and turns too. I really feel this is super dynamic and stylish choreography, and surely you will love it! :)
→ Sunday morning & Monday morning (intermediate level)
■ Tarab "Nebtedi Menien El Hikaya "(Verse 2) ■
Nebtedi Menien El Hikaya （Where do we begin our story?）This is originally a very long song about 60 minutes, but I will use the song that was very modernly arranged, which extracted the melody and song of the second theme. In the first instrumental part, many bellydancers are dancing in all over the world, but the song of the second theme starts are still unusual and the not so many dancers performing yet. (this is why I can not attached the audio link from Youtube). The audio will be sent to the lesson participants, you will find the song will be the oriental version of "Nebteedy Drum" which we learned last year. I danced this song for improvisation without choreography at the year-end Hafla and then danced the full version (14min version) in Tokyo, but after that my heart is still stay into the world view of Abdel Wahab, and still now, yes. Because it's so attractive as we share the content of the lyrics and the world view with everyone.
I shared the lyrics on my blog, just FYI ;)
→ Sunday afternoon (intermediate level)
■ Turkish Oriental "Azize" ■
I have been willing to share this song for everyone, and was warming up a song and choreography for long time! ;) It is a turkish version of that famous song Azziza by Abdel Wahab. The arrangement of the song is cool and the sound makes me trip from Egypt to Turkey. Many Turkish rhythms, Chifteteli appear in the middle of the song. Choreography has prepared simple and easy by basic techniques, but the good choreography is always asked you about your fundamental power of basic techniques. While building a stable foundation, we will dance with veil to flow gently. The song is also latest one with modern arrangement, and rare piece that not so many dancers performing at the world yet. Again, this is why I can not attach the audio link from Youtube. The audio will be sent to the lesson participants, you will find the song with very exotic oriental feeling, and you will love it!!!!
→ Wednesday evening & Thursday morning (beginner level)
■ Arabic Pops "Lama Rah El Sabr Men" ■
"Lama Rah El Sabr Men" ("When patience had left him") is originally an old song sung by Egyptian singer Sharifa Fadel. Recently Nancy Ajram and Nagwa Karam covered and it is popular around Lebanon. We have been danced Mejanse a lot last year, so maybe it is time to dance Arabic Pops (with singings) now? At this term, I have chosen to dance the version of Dr Samy Farag with super energetic and matured expression to complete one of the most sophisticated piece of this year! Just can't wait for dancing this number with you all!!!!
→ Monday evening class (intermediate level)
If you want to learn choreography properly, I recommend you to take Technique class too. This is why the technique class is always before the choreography starts. You will learn the same routines to dance choreography at technique class. This will help! ;)
Lesson start date: January 14th (Sun) / 15th (Monday) / 17th (Wednesday) / 18th (Thursday) start!
【1st Term of 2018】2018 January - March
■ Sunday 10:30 - 11:30 (60min) ：Technique Class： Level ★☆☆☆☆
■ Sunday 11:30 - 13:00 (90min) ：Choreography Class "Verdadera Pasion”(Drum Solo) ： Level ★★★☆☆
■ Sunday 13:00 - 14:00 (60min) ：Choreography Class "Nebtedi Menien El Hikaya "(Verse 2)： Level ★★★★☆
■ Monday 10:30 - 11:30 (60min) ：Technique Class： Level ★☆☆☆☆
■ Monday 11:30 - 13:00 (90min) ：Choreography Class "Verdadera Pasion”(Drum Solo) ： Level ★★★☆☆
■ Monday 19:00 - 20:00 (60min) ：Technique Class： Level ★☆☆☆☆
■ Monday 20:00 - 21:30 (90min) ：Choreography Class "Lama Rah El Sabr Men" ： Level ★★★☆☆
■ Wednesday 19:00 - 20:00 (60min) ：Technique Class： Level ★☆☆☆☆
■ Wednesday 20:00 - 21:30 (90min) ：Choreography Class "Azize" (Turkish Oriental) ： Level ★★☆☆☆
■ Thursday 10:30 - 11:30 (60min) ：Technique Class： Level ★☆☆☆☆ → "Bellydance for Mother & Baby" - you can bring baby (3years old below) to the studio!
■ Thursday 11:30 - 13:00 (90min) ：Choreography Class "Azize" (Turkish Oriental) ： Level ★★★☆☆ → "Bellydance for Mother & Baby" - you can bring baby (3years old below) to the studio!
Venue： Raffles Town Club, Harmony Studio
* Choreography class will be completed in 8 to 9 weeks in total.
* As for choreography class, please try to make attendance of 80% at least in order to deepen understanding (If there are a lot of absences, we will consider to arrange the follow up class)
* The basic routine to be learned in the technique class is used in the form applied in the choreography class. If you take both classes, you will gain a better understanding.
* Lesson fee is done by tickets. Please purchase $ 250.00 (10 hours / 3 months valid) at reception. Tickets can be used in any class where I teach.
* Payment can be done at the reception by cash, credit card and NETS.
* Raffles Town Club administrative fee $ 50.00 is required for new students. Some facilities of RTC can be used, and benefits such as participation in school events are available after being a membership.
* Trial & drop-in is possible at any time at $ 30.00 (60 minutes class) · $ 45.00 (90 minutes class).
* Please participate the class with exercise attire. Shoes are unnecessary as we dance barefoot. Dressing room · locker · shower room are equipped. Please bring a bath towel to use with stretch at the end of class (free rental available at RTC).
* Be sure to show your dance card at reception desk before entering the studio. Please also sign the IN - OUT on the attendance sheet.
* Expiry date of your dance card which was issued after October 2017 onwards can be extended 4 weeks due to the cancellation of the class during the Christmas holiday between 10th December to 7th January.
Those who wish to participate the class, if you reply me by Friday 12th January, I will send you audio before the class starts!
The capacity for lesson participants is only about 14 pax. As soon as we reach the capacity, we will close the registration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
REGISTER (January - March)
■ Telephone number:
■ Email address:
■ Wish to buy silk veil? :
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.
I am looking forward to sharing the new dance with all of you! :)